Thursday, August 11, 2011

Playing and Staying

Had my first session with HW (Healing Woman) and I came away with many things and I am going to embrace what it is that came up!

One thing I want to sit in right now, that I have visited before is this.

Being safe and allowed to play and be in my body and in this place. So often I was drawn away from my play and fun and abused. I had figured this out so long ago, play and be and get hurt.

What HW helped me with tonight was - I still fight off being vulnerable trying to stay safe.  The food was a way for me to stay safe to not allow the feeling of being vulnerable.

Also, my little girl tonight came out to play and HW got to speak with her, and she spoke with both of us.  I love her energy and her indomitable spirit.  How she survived!  She's 4 by the way. 

What she had to say was "I am here and I play with my dolls and be a little girl, and ya, those things happened, however, I am happy and here and full, ticking along"  What I realized was I was currently and all along grieving for her and needing to perpetuate this sadness etc. And really that is not what she wants or needs.  She is happy and very well adjusted.  WHAT A WONDER! 

So I am going to spend some time getting to know her and love her and play. We are going to work on an art project together and she let HW know that she wanted popsicles!  Bought popsicles on the way home!

I am very tired tonight, in a great way. 

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment