Saturday, July 9, 2011

Detours and Desperation and Learning To Walk Before I Run

…we wait until we are at our wit’s end before we seek assistance…. considering reaching out as personal failure or inadequacy re: our own self-esteem…. Foolishly we wait until our way just is not working anymore. That is why AA calls this a gift: the gift of desperation. …For many, the depths into which we have succumbed are now found not to be so deep at all and in fact, ladders are readily available if we use them in recovery.    http://carldagostino.wordpress.com/  


http://friendtoyourself.com/2011/07/06/the-gift-of-desperation/
Sana-Johnson Quijada MD - she is a psychiatrist and Christian

The above quote is from a blog response put out by Sana her link is above as well.

I have not looked deeply into carl dagostino's however I think this is where I am supposed to be (detours)
and  I signed up for Sana-Johnson Quijada's emails everyday.  THEY ARE REALLY COOL!

After my last blog and a few more interesting detours and people who have come into my life I was reminded in fact of detours.

Many years ago I had read that God gave us detours to help us keep on track when we are getting off track.
So  . . . what does that mean?  It means when I think (MY WILL) that the direction I am going in no matter how healthy and apparently good for me I think it is  if they detours are on the road, its not the way.

I cannot count the number of times I have begun to exercise and eat right (for example) thinking this is all good to have everything possible come into my path to stop me.  Kids who need emergency dr.'s appts., illness or injury on my part whatever.  Its so frustrating. We see a straight stretch of road and we are happily driving along listening to the tunes feeling pretty good when whamo there is a road block.  And we can see our destination right there on the other side of the detour and we have to go around in another direction AGAINST OUR WILL!  Can you deeply remember the sense of frustration inside you?  Well I can and I don't like it.  Most times I can just be calm about a detour however, there are times when I just want what I want. To get there. Even though the car I am driving is great and the tunes are wonderful I just want to get there.

Hmmmm . . . .  enjoy the journey not the destination.  Stay present!   Be in the moment! Submit my will because its going to happen that way anyway.

Well that sense of frustration is ever present as I go along in my life trying to be a good person doing the right things and caring for my family (who it feels like are being dragged along by me every step of the way) hey, maybe I am their road block and that is my job to be a road block to their own impulses.  To teach them to grow and become capable adults who can reap the full rewards that life has to offer. To teach them to take care of themselves and their environments around them.  To be responsible.

I AM A ROAD BLOCK AS A PARENT - TO HELP THEM BECOME HEALTHY ADULTS WITH GOOD PRINCIPALS AND VALUES (their own) RESPONSE ABLE (responsible) TO THEIR WORLDS AROUND THEM. TO STAND ON THEIR OWN TWO FEET.

Father God is my road block guiding me along to where He knows I need to be to be able to be response able, to have in my life what is the very best for me.  His will for me is what is best for me. And I know that however I become willful or just plain ignore him to be honest.  I live in my own little world not in enough prayer really listening.

I listen well, I see the messages along the way he is sending me. The road signs, the detour signs, so if in this present place I see them and adhere to them, what would it be like if I was in more prayer than I am now? Honestly I don't spend enough time in prayer and mediation.  I am too busy in the car in idle wanting to go. Without listening to the Navigator telling me which way to go.  Like a GPS in the car talking to me telling me which way and how far it is.    God help me to listen for your voice, to follow your path adhere to the signs.

Because be honest - God's signs are everywhere if we choose to look for them!

There is a pure purpose and if I realize this and stay on my own path and learn to walk on my path before I  want to run on someone else' s path  I will be in the right place doing the right thing and be in peace connected to God.

Not idling by the side of the road wasting gas.

Love and Light



No comments:

Post a Comment