Monday, July 4, 2011

Sand and Socks





What have we been doing?  Hmmm  . . . going to the beach, sharing a great order of fish and chips, and reading a terrific summer read. The day had cooled and we were pretty much by ourselves at Ambleside.  It was lovely.

I love when the water and the sky and the horizon all blend into one silvery grey blue blur.

The Socks (yes with a capital S) they are below and coming along just fine. I tried them on my neighbor who has size 6 feet. Who the hell has size 6 feet?  Not me, I'm size 10's and so is Gabrielle. Even Walts feet are way too bit. So down to the neighbors to get her to try them on.  The fit perfectly.

The second sock should come along a bit easier and faster as I have done one.  I am so proud of these socks.  And guess what, not so tired and not so sad.  Knitting the ultimate counseling session!

Time to have a stretch and move my body around.
Watching a re-run for the hundredth time of Independence Day.
Clever Girl is knitting her cousins (Grooms Sock) to go with the Bride's Sock and she is doing such an amazing job.  She will make some for herself.

Eldest is all moved into her new place. She is settling through a move, separating from her boyfriend of 2 plus years all in 2 weeks time. And she is anemic. Please God protect her.  She is so happy in her new place and I know she will settle, just so much has happened to her in the last oh  . . .  six years! 




Eldests new home.  The converted coal shed of a Victorian house at the end of the garden. She can climb the stairs at the side and sit on the roof. It's lovingly referred to as the living room.  I am so happy for her in her new home. However, it promises to be chilly so I am watching out for a small portable heater for her (with a timer!) and an electric blanket to help keep her warm and cozy in the winter.  I wish I could have her closer to me. And I know she is where she should be and truly I wouldn't have it any other way.
My beloved children, I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment