Sunday, July 10, 2011

Insulin Resistance - http://rheumatic.org/insulin.htm

I have been reading about insulin resistance and I am wondering deeply about how it affects me and those around me.  Eating too many refined carbs or carbs period and the craving etc. that follows.

I have read and re-read about diabetes, insulin, pancreas, etc. and I have been trying to figure all that out.  More to the point understand how the body works.  I get that the cells get overloaded and don't send the message to the brain etc.

But, the above link really really made sense to me.  I guess I was ready for the message perhaps!

I have spent a life time of craving food, desiring food, obsessing about food and all that it brings.  Really what it is is not the food.  Its anything but.  But, what I did figure out is this  . . . I remember being a kid and having the craving I have now and not understanding it.

I WAS EATING TOO MANY REFINED CARBS FOR MY BODY (it was the 70's people)

My physio said to me recently that the injuries in my body were not my fault. I asked her what I was doing wrong.  Nothing she said, it was my body.  Hmmm . . that got me thinking.  I am looking at myself being so weak willed and an awful human being with no control  . . . when in fact (perhaps) its my body.

I have been eating too many carbs for too long and my body just can't manage.  My heart is racing and I am getting a head ache even as I write this.

Okay  . . . breathe, what next.  Truly my chest is getting flip flops and a heat rush. Heh  . . . hot flash.
Heart palpitations, flush  . . . gotta love this body.

So back to looking at pure food, and I keep figuring that I am eating so well. And I am just needing to add more veggies low GI veggies. 

I have been cruising the raw food sites and the spirit behind raw food.

I LOVE IT AND IT SPEAKS TO ME ON SO MANY LEVELS.

Back to basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment