Tuesday, July 12, 2011

“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed” (Rom. 12:2),

4 hours of sleep. I guess if I don't spend the time in meditation during waking hours, my body and spirit will make the time up during sleep. Or lack there of.

Midnight till 4 a.m. apparently last night.  I laid and prayed and tried to ease the pain through my ribs and back and hip and hamstring and knee.  Somehow this is all connected.  This time of spirit and movement being still and  "knowing I am God".  Its all of it, its being still, its movement, its in prayer and meditation.

My body requires movement and my spirit requires movement and meditation.  Feldenkrais.

I realized in the wee hours that I figured out what the Holy Spirit was in Harry Potter (see last post).

Duh, I had been writing about it.   A patronius.  The patronius is the Holy Spirit. Within us and without us.

Guiding and leading and protecting.

As I was laying and resting and just letting my mind try to be still I was "seeing" only a large dark wall in front of me.  When I finally thought of a patronius I began to imagine what my happiest times were. Or something that filled me.  It was my children.  My whole body cavity filled with a rush of energy, and as I added to it instead of just staying where I was the sensation depleted.

Lesson stop trying to stuff more in.  Hmmm   . . . . food, things to do in a day, more, more, more.

Keep it simple sweetheart (KISS)

I went back to read my title.  Boy do I get off track!

Daily Bread had that as part of the passage today.  I am striving to be svelte and fit (fit is good!) because of my worldly views, of my judgment of myself and vanity.  Conforming to this world, as opposed to be transformed into God's image or the glory for God.  Which in fact would be the very best thing for me.

God as I travel through this life may I in all ways be for your Glory.  May my eyes always be set upon you and not myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment