Thursday, May 12, 2011

Just Another Day in Paradise

I thought Paradise was a wee bit warmer, or perhaps sunnier?  Please!?  That's okay, its the most amazing green along the rivers and creeks and streams, the moss and lichen in the trees outside the back door is positively glowing. 

It's cool enough to still feel like knitting wool (always a good thing).  I washed my new hand knit socks in the tub last night and had their sheepy wet goodness hanging around while I had my tub.   What is it about the smell of yarn?  GG taught me about that, clever GG. 

My only complaint (and truly there are only 2 really) about the sock yarn I am using right now, is that it splits a bit, which is more my fault if I split the stitch, but, it just doesn't smell the same as my first sock yarn.  I am looking for the sheepiest smelling yarns, if you are a knitter you know what I mean.  Or the most of alpaca, etc.  Its part of the thing of knitting. 

Its a knitter's thing.

I showed off my current sock project to a couple of people at the ball game the other night, and one dad looks, and asks if they were crocheted?!  WHAT.  I had just recently read the Yarn Harlots chapter on the sheep shawl she made for her mother and her neighbor commented "that's some crocheting".  Come on people, knitting is knitting, and crocheting is crocheting.  And knitters knit, (although I can crochet!)  I explained that its the difference between being a Canucks fan and a Habs fan.  That shut him up!

Blessings for the day gang

No comments:

Post a Comment