Monday, May 30, 2011

Well . . . . . . .

Not sure what to blog.  Grace reminded me yesterday that I hadn't blogged of late.  Been busy with Eldest home from her trip cross Canada.  Working, enjoying some sunshine!  Gorgeous days of sunshine.  Just one or two at a time, but, I'll take them.  Hard to believe it was hot and sunny yesterday, and rainy today.  What?! 

I tweaked my knee at work on Friday, and then did the same knee on the outside of it on Saturday, and now I am having a bit of a time with it, and trying not to freak out. How tight can hamstrings be and is that contributing to the knee, oh ya.  Off to see my Feldenkrais instructor who is a physio tonight.  Of course I am quietly freaking out on the inside and eating refined carbs yesterday, to achieve a nice carb coma to "feel" better.  When in fact that only makes us feel worse and puts on weight and builds inflammation anyways.  But I have caught myself and I am going to enjoy a blueberry, bluegreen algea, bee pollen, almond, hemp protein smoothie for breakfast.  That will fix it!

Husband has to have surgery. We just found out on Wednesday. I think that is in the back of my mind as well. 6 weeks on crutches, 3 to 5 month recovery, and we don't know when the surgery is going to be even. We are beyond blessed that he is receiving Worker's Comp.  Thank you God!  However, its still tough and not as much as he would have earned, so it's time to be very very careful. 

I just pray that we are all open to receive and grow and learn and become. 

I have my last Brown Bag Lunch with the seniors this week and that is on my mind after 16 years.  I am so glad to be "graduating" out of our children' s school, and I am saddened as well.  Its time for new experiences, and new opportunities.  To allow someone else to have the experience as well.   

I shall sign off for now. 

1 comment:

  1. Synchronicity yet again with my best friend...Carbs...carb coma... Last night, I lay in bed waiting, WAITING for exactly midnight. As soon as the digital numbers appeared, I gave myself a kind of "rebirthing" pep talk. I told myself that right "now", midnight was the beginning of my new life, getting a handle on my eating and life in general. I felt so excited in that moment, yet feel flat and depressed now. The prospect of giving up that carb coma feels so daunting. I want to clutch it to me like a teddy bear or blankie. Can I comfort myself without my carbs? Hmmmmmmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete