Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Sun is Shining . . the birds are singing

And its a glorious day!  Whahooo.  I am so grateful the sun is shining, it has been a very long time and so very seldom that we have woken to the sun shining.  As in months and months and months. I digress.

I have really enjoyed the last 2 episodes of Oprah with James Frey.  There has been an intimate honesty that I don't feel I have ever seen on television before.  I really appreciate what both had to say, the integrity and honesty and forth rightness of it. Mistakes made, apologies offered and accepted.  Redemption.

I have been having an amazing journey these past few days (well years, but its hard to write it ALL down). The past days have lead me to an understanding of so many things. Forgiveness (hence the timelyness of Oprah), redemption and what it looks like to me if it never comes, and some times my inability to offer it.  Honesty, integrity, faith in myself, healing growing, so many things. 

I have been emailing my sisters back and forth and my friend (I shall call her Grace, because she is full of Grace) Grace, and I am finding out so many things about myself, things I only had a surface level understanding and its now becoming more and more clear.

Started reading a new book, Women Food and God.  Even the first 10 pages of the prologue had people in it that were me.  I am so grateful (and saddened) to know that I am not alone, that there are others who feel just as I do. Who have the same thoughts and strive to heal from a journey with bumps and ruts along the way. Some might say my journey may have more bumps and ruts than many. Perhaps, however, I believe we all have those journeys and we are all affected and are looking for healing, rest, peace, joy, and wonderment along the way, and a really big belly laugh. Don't discount laughing.  I love my kids, they make me laugh. My husband too, however he needs some new lines!

Love and peace for your day

No comments:

Post a Comment