Monday, May 9, 2011

Post Mother's Day

What  wonderful weekend, the whole weekend was Mother's Day.  From the nursery trip to get plants on Friday afternoon, when it was quiet (because of the rain) and there was a huge selection.  To tea, a Scrabble marathon, and sock knitting.  Then sock wearing, which was very satisfying. To making a Mother's Day meal together, and having my Mother-In-Law (yes, capitalized) for dinner and The Brother-In-Law (BIL). 

I started new socks, with Slate Jacquard from Kroy.  The yarn doesn't have the same sheepy scent of the other sock yarn, however, I'll try not to hold it against it.  I am learning a new pattern, which even I can knit and remember in my head (whoa) Jaywalkers.  For veteran knitters you are all smiling.  Yup, pretty fool proof, remember people I can be foolish!

My only complaint, is the spine of the Yarn Harlot is too stiff to hold open while I knit.  First world challenges. I'll be quiet now.

Must go, kids are off to school, and I have to go to work.  Just in case we don't all realize this yet, sock knitting is highly addictive. Who knew.  My clever daughter Garden Girl, GG knew and has shared the love.

Must go, children await.

No comments:

Post a Comment